Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WHAT CAN I DO?

~Another entry for Juliet...

Could you please tell me, what would it take for you to turn my way again? To catch you stealing a glance at me just as I turn to steal one from you. To hear you ask me how I’m doing and seeing your expression as you truly anticipate an answer.

You, asking me how I am. 
You have no idea of the power you have over me. 
But as suddenly as you bludgeoned me with it, you ceased just as quickly. 
Would I need to get plastic surgery or workout for a year at the gym to improve my looks? 
Or maybe get a million views on viral video sites?
Do I need to build a multi-billion dollar company so that maybe you would incidentally purchase one of the many products I sell and find my name on the label?
Must I write a couple best-selling novels that you would chance upon at your next bookstore visit and see my picture on the back cover?
If I wrote a few songs inspired and dedicated to you and sold millions of copies and you might hear one of those songs being played on your cousin’s speakers, would that remind you I that still exist?
If I painted a masterpiece of a painting depicting my deep but sorrowful love for you, would that grab your attention? 
I just wish I knew.
So please tell me, how can I make you glance my way again?

To feel the utmost joy of just reading your message that you'd just got home and you had an exhausting day and you’d ask me if I’d gotten home too. And then ask me again how I was doing. I’d never get tired of that.

I’d always say ‘I’m okay’ or ‘I’m good’ even though I lied most of the time. 

Because, honestly, you made me feel wonderful just because you asked.  
I'd succumbed to it. 
Thrived on it. 

So what do I have to do to make you attack me again? 

What was it that turned you away?
Do I need to become a famous actor and get on primetime television just so you would accidentally channel surf on the show I was featured on?


~Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment