Monday, August 26, 2013

THIS IS A SIGN FROM THE UNIVERSE!!!


“Maybe it’s dumb to look for signs from the Universe.  Maybe the Universe has better things to do.  Dear God, I hope it does!  Do you know how many signs I’ve gotten that I should or shouldn’t be with somebody, and where has it gotten me?  Maybe there aren’t any signs.  Maybe a locket is just a locket, a chair is just a chair.  Maybe we don’t have to give meaning to every little thing. Maybe we don’t need the Universe to tell us what we really want.  Maybe we already know that deep down.”

I gotta admit, I really love Ted on this scene!  I am a universe girl.  I asked for signs.  Little things are big deal to me especially when it has something to do with my special someone.  But Ted was right.  "Look where it got me!"  
Earlier this year, I went into the Northern part of the country for a 4-days trip.  This is a perfect time to be alone and to contemplate on things.  I've prayed for God to give me a sign if the love of my life is the right one for me. The trip was nothing but full of adventures and fun and in between those peacefully happy moments, I've found what I've been searching for... a sign! I heard someone mentioned a name that sounds like his.  I also saw his name printed on the back of a man's shirt.  I told myself that if I went back on that road again and I saw that man with the shirt again... then it's true!  Well... you can't imagine how happy I was when that happened!  I was full of hope!

Weeks passed, then I remembered how my heart was once filled with joy when I saw numerous heart-shaped clouds a year ago.  I saw one again, right outside the top of the building while we were exchanging thoughts and laughing.  I said to myself, it was a sign!

And everytime I saw his name in the movie credits, in my news feeds, or even in vehicles... my heart skips a beat.  I keep telling myself that it is a sign!  A sign for me to hold on... to have faith...

But look where it got me!  

These signs keep on coming... and maybe they are not signs at all.  Sometimes we only see what we wanted to see.  Maybe I just want for the universe to conspire with me.  Maybe I'm too desperate to be with this guy that I forgot to look at the reality.  I've been consumed with this make-believe fairy tale story and not long enough, it broke my heart and left me devastated.  He's been a big part of me and now all I see is a big hole in my chest.

The truth is we don't need people or even the universe to tell us what we want.  Cuz when we ask for it, we silently wish it was the same with ours.  

And sometimes we don't need all the answers in our lives.  We cannot control everything. Sometimes it's better to relax, go with the flow and see where the road will lead us.  And maybe...in time, our deepest desires will come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment